A Milestone of a Dream: My Ph.D. Open Defence and Public Viva-Voce
30 July 2026 | NSS Training College, Ottapalam
Some moments in life are not merely dates on a calendar; they are milestones that mark years of dreams, dedication, perseverance and learning. 30 July 2026 became one such unforgettable day in my academic journey, as I presented my Ph.D. research thesis at the Ph.D. Open Defence and Public Viva-Voce Examination held at the NSS Training College, Ottapalam.
The Open Defence was conducted at the General Hall, NSS Training College, Ottapalam, Research Centre in Education, an institution accredited with A+ Grade by NAAC.
The research work I presented was titled:
“Effectiveness of Social and Emotional Learning Based Instructional Module on Second Language Achievement and Socio-Emotional Competence among Secondary School Students of Kerala.”
The presentation and public viva-voce marked the culmination of years of research, fieldwork, analysis, writing, revisions and countless moments of learning. Standing before the academic community and presenting the work that had been so much a part of my life was both a proud and deeply emotional experience.
I am immensely grateful to my Research Supervisor, Dr. Minikumari D., Associate Professor, NSS Training College, Ottapalam, whose guidance, encouragement and constant support were invaluable throughout this research journey.
I am also deeply grateful to Dr. K. S. Sajan, Assistant Professor, NSS Training College, Ottapalam,who extended abundant support towards the timely completion of my research by providing great motivation and step-by-step guidance, particularly during the research analysis; his guidance has been a continuation of the valuable academic mentorship I received from him as my guide during my M.Ed. research.
The Open Defence was chaired by Prof. M. N. Mohamedunni Alias Musthafa, Professor of Education, Central University of Kerala, whose academic presence and insightful questions made the occasion particularly meaningful.
The day represents a journey of determination, challenges overcomed, lessons learned and a dream that gradually became a reality.
A day I will always cherish.
A journey I will always be grateful for.
A milestone that will remain forever close to my heart.🙏🏻😊







